Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Rest/Misc-day

Didn't get much cycling in today. Slept in and attended our church, New Covenant. Came home to some Entrepreneur Financial homeworks and had to hammer out some month by month and annual numbers into some spreadsheets. Fun, fun, gag. That's what accountants are for! ..speaking of that, I need to go meet with an accountant this week.

Anyways, after homework I went to pick up an adapter to mount a water bottle cage on my wife's new Giant which is a step-thru and pick up some hardware to make the metal folding baskets I put on the Surly a little less permanent. I was using zip-ties but the thought of cutting and reapplying new zip-ties every time I wanted to go on a longer ride didn't appeal to me, so I'm using hose clamps now lol. Anyone have any better, quicker to remove and reattached ideas that can still allow my baskets to hold about 30 lbs each please enlighten me.

Luckily I stopped in to browse Shopko and they had $.99 bags of charcoal! WOOHOOOOO! <3 my baskets. Made out with 4 bags, could have probably hauled 6-8 thanks to bungee chords but I figured 4 was good for now.


The biggest load I've made out with, not counting the Rug Dr in the back of the kiddie trailer with the Jamis, was groceries with the Raleigh when I had the baskets on it.



UPDATED:
Finished the night off with a ride into the sunset, and sprinklers.

No comments:

Post a Comment