Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beautiful Rainy Day

I just HAD to get out and enjoy the weather today, even though I freaked out about my financial aid status and couldn't sleep last night resulting in sleeping in and skipping class today. I got out eventually and pedaled down to the college to try to get that taken care of. It rained/sprinkled the whole time but it felt wonderful. Especially after these past weeks of intermittent 100+ degree weather.

On the way to the college, I swung by The Used Bike shop to speak to the owner about a possible internship. I had previously corresponded via email about it but I hadn't had a chance to speak in person yet. It sounds like he's going to let me hang out there for a couple months! Woohoo! Happy news to cheer up a lousy day of worries.

Made it to the college and it appears that my financial aid is taken care of, now. It should have went through a month ago but apparently the financial aid staff neglected to mark it as complete and send it on. Holy crap. It's not like it's a minor thing or anything. This is practically what we live on while my wife and I are both full time students. Luckily, I had a feeling we were going to run into some crap and I pulled my stock out last month and got us a month ahead on bills. Otherwise, we would be royally screwed right now.

So after that, I realized I was due to donate blood again. I swung by the blood bank and got lectured on no exercise today "or you might pass out". So I got on my bike and road the 11 miles home fighting light-headedness here and there. Not recommended but I made it home conscious and without any mystery injuries or blackout periods.

Oh yeah, and this was my first time to try out my RaceFace rain jacket that Ruby got me for my birthday! It works WONDERFULLY! I would recommend RaceFace gear to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment