Friday, May 28, 2010

Eating gravel to the Platte back in Dawson Co.




My dad came down to Lincoln today to snag me for the weekend. We went straight down to JoyRide to pick up my new Specialized RockHopper 29 Comp Disc as it was finished and ready for me today. Dad hopped on and test rode a few Specialized hybrid comfort bikes and really liked them.

I rode it the short distance home and met my dad there where we picked up Ethan to take back to spend the weekend with his birth father and say goodbye to my wife Ruby.

We made decent time back to Dawson County where my mom had picked up the famous Lexington tacos that I miss all the time. After gorging myself on that my dad mentions getting a ride in down to the river before dark so next thing I know we're hitting the gravel! Putting the first gravel miles on my new 29er, DELICIOUS! I love this Specialized bike, I feel like I can conquer anything on it. We had a head wind down there but coasted nicely back for a great 13 mile-ish ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment